I am really new to the blogging world, and like all forms of social media, I am finding inspiration and motivation from other bloggers. Needless to say, I was speechless when Amy at Love Bug nominated me for the Liebster Award. You really should check out her beautiful blog. She writes about photography, her life, dreams, and health goals. She inspires me in so many ways.
Anyway, I am going to do my best to follow the rules of this award.
Its called the Liebster Award – Liebster means “dearest” in German and its an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
..and answer the 11 questions that are tagged for them
…and list the 11 bloggers you nominate
…and make up your own 11 questions to ask your nominees
11 Facts about me:
* I thank God everyday for my amazing husband and our two miracles.
* I love to read!
* This summer Scott and I drove over 7,000 miles. We touched both oceans and in two trips drove coast to coast. It was life changing and amazing!
* My dream is to teach or help people in need. I pray that I can take my kids on a few mission trips before they turn 18, and I believe God will make it happen.
* I am working on getting enough nerve to go back to college for my master’s degree. I really want to teach at the university level and learn more about writing.
* I am surprised whenever we don’t actually win the lottery.
* I have lost over 37 pounds this year and I thank God that I finally figured out what my body was not responding to.
* I am passionate about photography. Photographs are memories and I want to remember everything.
* I have been to 35 states, and I am excited to visit the last 15! Seeing all 50 states has been a goal since I was very young. Road trip, anyone???
* On the day of our accident, I FELT God, and know that we lived because we WILL make a difference to others on Earth.
* My biggest dream job is to spend the summer with a former president or amazing person, photograph them and then write their authorized biography. I believe with my heart and soul that it will happen.
Questions for me, from Amy:
1. What got you to start blogging? I started blogging as a way to show off my photography and once I started writing, I can’t stop. Even with our boring lives, I have millions of stories to tell. I love it!
2. Any pets? Ana has a Beta named Flower. He is strongest fish I have ever met.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why? I love Easter. It reminds me of God’s love, promise of new life, and new beginnings.
4. Favorite type of music? I wish it was more interesting, but I LOVE pop music. There, I said it and it’s true. I do love the Beatles and classical music, but I always have the radio on, singing along to Adel, Bruno Mars, and the other big singers of the moment.
5. Facebook or Twitter? I am on both. Follow FotoCourtney on Twitter. I don’t really get Twitter, but I am there.
6. What are some of your hobbies? Photography and photo editing really get to my artistic side. I love capturing the moment and then making it even better on my computer. I also come alive when I write. They are my favorites these days.
7. What is your favorite thing about the summer? I love the freedom of summer.
8. What do you love most about where you live? We live where we live because our family is less than an hour away.
9. If you could jump on a plane today where would you go? Where wouldn’t I go? I want to see it all! I have always wanted to live in England.
10. What is your dream job? I would LOVE to get paid for photography and writing. If I could say I was a photographer and writer and make a great living for my family, it would be amazing! I believe it will happen, I am learning patience too!
11. Who do you look up to and why? I admire my parents. They are both dreamers and support finding life happiness. I also look up to Oprah and Julia Roberts. They are strong women who stay out of the media, except when they are helping others. I also look up to the activism of Paul McCartney and my son is named after him to encourage him to make a difference in this world. The list could go on, but I will stop with those.
Nominating 11 New Up and Coming Bloggers is hard because most of the blogs I follow have been nominated by Amy already and I don’t follow many others yet. There are so may blogs out there to read and follow, and I tend to follow those with a personal connection. Plus, many people don’t write often and I would not want to nominate someone who doesn’t really want their blog out there for the world. I will do my best.
Sorry, I know I am 5 short, but that is all I have. I have chosen people who blog regularly about their lives and who inspire me to keep writing. None of these people do it for followers, they just love sharing, like me! We all have a story to tell.
My Questions for my Nominees:
1. Where do you find inspiration?
2. Where is your happy place?
3. Describe your perfect day or moment.
4. What is the best book you have read in 2012?
5. Where is one place you want to visit before you die?
6. Who inspires you?
7. Tell me ONE thing that most people do NOT know about you.
8. What is your favorite treat?
9. What is your Secret Shame?
10. Best movie ever and why?
11. Favorite quote.
Thank you so much to everyone who reads my blog and follows along. I am looking for courage to take the next step in life and so many of you are pushing me toward it, whether you know it or not. I am truly blessed!
PS I don’t know why it won’t let me add spaces. I tried! Sorry!